On Monday I treated my first spanish speaking patient and today I did my Class 1A exam on a patient with ADHD! Its been a pretty interesting week. Monday I realized that I really should learn to speak Spanish because I am sure that in the future we will be treating an increasing amount of Spanish speaking patients. Luckily, my patient was very nice and understanding and Midtown was nice enough to help me out with translation. Oh and I borrowed Jalene's patient for a minute to help translate too! The good thing is she is supposed to come back at the end of March and she's a class 3. It was pretty fun probing around and feeling tons of calculus. I don't think I was able to get totally accurate probe depths though because it kept getting caught on the calculus. McConaughy suggested that when she come back I clean one area and then reprobe it.
The Class 1A today was pretty simple. I really liked not having to probe. My patient was very shy and didn't say one word to me but other than that, it was okay. I felt kind of rushed knowing that he was ADHD and worrying that he might freak out but he was really still for a 5 yr. old and I was able to get everything done just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment