Eric and I enjoyed a great 4th of July beginning with what is becoming a tradition, my once-a-year golf game.
Andi with her golf clubs. I enjoyed golfing with Andi, we seemed to be about the same pace the whole time. We should do it more often! However, we should leave Eric and Jdub at home! Mostly because I have learned that Eric is really ornery when golfing!
AFter golf we went to my parent's for a BBQ. I made chips and dip which my dad took upon himself to be the official holder.
Eric and Roscoe swinging! He needs a child, doesn't he?
So here is where a series of unfortunate events began. My dad decided he was going to start a water fight. So he filled his cup with water and waited. I ran inside and started to capture the events from the kitchen window.
Evan decided he'd teach grandpa Vardell a lesson by just walking right up to him with the hose. Hilarious... at least until James (in Grandpa's arms) got wet and became furious!
So grandpa got rid of James and got the big bucket pictured here. Then the real fun began. Just about everyone got wet, even Stephanie when Eric snuck up behind her and dumped this bucket full of water on her back. The water fight continued between Evan, Taylor and Landon for most of the day. If you think that kids are so innocent and sweet, you should see them in a water fight. The looks I saw on those kids' faces were anything but innocent and sweet. They came across more like a very angry linebacker!
Apart for the water fights here are the other fun swimming events that took place.
I love Evan's face!!

If you can spot the orcha whale in this picture you get a prize! :)
Then my batteries died so I didn't get any other photos but we did try to go watch the WJ fireworks. we waited until about 10:45 before we gave up and headed back home to light our own fireworks. Then at about 5 after 11 we saw the WJ fireworks officially begin. Now, I don't know about you but I thought that an 11:00 firework show was just a little ridiculous. I mean, people are tired, kids are crying, dogs are tired! Really WJ, get your act together next year!
5 comments:
Happy 4th! I really have to agree with ya about freedom! I'm glad you had fun golfing...definitely not one of my talents. :) We need to have a big reunion lunch, I miss everyone! How's Dr. Smith? Still working there?
In my defense about golf is that it was early in the morning, I was hungry and I was annoyed from the timed I showed. I don't know why I was annoyed I just was. Oh that is because I had to stay up late and water the lawn that you were complaining about being too dry and crappy. So like you say there is never a good reason to be ornery but those reasons are getting there.
I do think Eric needs a kid... lets get on that!! ;)
House sit eh? I'll have to get back to you - Sherry asked me to house sit as well and I think the dates might overlap. Do you still need someone?
So are there children in the..works? And tell me what I'm missing with the whole golf thing..I hate it. I just don't get it. Maybe it's my mind set.
Post a Comment