Thursday, February 02, 2017

Instant Pot Thai Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe

So, anyone who knows me knows that I was given an Instant Pot for my birthday in October and I haven't stopped talking about it since. I love it like it's my own little baby... not as much as my own, very real little baby, but A LOT! So, my friend Pat brought this delicious soup to work the other day and I said, "I bet you could make that in the Instant Pot." Well, I am here to tell you that you can, it is soo easy and the results are purely delicious. I adapted this recipes from the ladies at simplesimonandco.com, thanks for the idea!

Thai Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
2/3 of a 400 G package of rice noodles (put in as much as you want but not too much or they'll absorb all your broth)
6 C chicken broth
2 cans coconut milk (Chaokoh is my fav)
1 jalapeno (halved and seeded, unless you like it spicy)
4 Tbsp soy sauce
3 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder
3 tsp ground ginger
1 red bell pepper,diced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less depending on spicy level you prefer, this is probably a 2, on a 0 - 10 scale)
Lime wedges, fresh cilantro, fresh basil for garnish

Put chicken breast, chicken stock, jalapeno, soy sauce, garlic, onion powder, ginger and pepper flakes in Instant Pot and press Soup button, decrease time to 20 minutes.

Allow to naturally release pressure for about 5 minutes, then vent any remaining pressure.

Take out the jalapeno pieces and chicken breasts. Pour in the coconut milk and add the noodles and diced red pepper. Turn Saute on to bring the broth back to a gentle boil. Close the pot lid but keep the vent open. The noodles and peppers will cook in the hot liquid while you cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Allow noodles to cook for 4 minutes. Add the cubed chicken breast back into the pot and serve with lime, cilantro and basil.

This is something you can start after 5 and serve before 6 and all my kids ate it! Success!!


No comments: