Thursday, January 25, 2007

A lack of patience

So the night before our last clinic session I called to confirm my appointments for that session. So first I called my morning patient. "Oh, dear I really need to reschedule," she says to me. This is her second cancellation so I go into my schpeal about how it affects my grade and I will try to fit her in and such but it is very important that she keep the appointments. Just then she stops me and tells me and incredible story about how she accidentally poisoned herself with toxic fumes when she was tiling her floor! What are the chances? So then I have my husband call my second patient because he speaks Spanish. At first I didn't believe him when he got off the phone with her and said, "Your day just got a whole lot worse." My second patient was sick! Dang Flu season! So there I was without any patients for the next day and having a 2-4 record of patients over the last 2 weeks. Things are not looking well for me! I begged and pleaded and called everyone I could think of but alas I could only get my dad to come in for the afternoon. And things don't get better by any means. I mean, I still only have like 2 more patients scheduled for the semester and there is no patient pool for me to draw from. I know I am not alone in this total lack of patients. So, consider this my formal call to action. People, we need to really get into gear and start soliciting patients. Everywhere we go, everyone we see, consider them a potential patient. If anyone out there is reading this, please come into the Weber State Dental Hygiene Clinic for a cleaning. Please!

No comments: