Well, October is once again coming to a joyous close with my birthday tomorrow and then the chameleon of all holidays, Halloween the next day. I really enjoy Halloween because it is something quite different to everyone. Some hate Halloween, viewing it as dark or macabre. Some love it just seeing it as a day to see cute little kids in funny costumes. And others love it as an excuse to wear something so ridiculous/inappropriate that it couldn't be worn on any other day of the year, at least not in public. I love it because it reminds me of my birthday! And it really is fun to dress up. In fact, I am so disappointed that my work doesn't dress up for Halloween. Well, as you can see, my dad sure got into the spirit this year. He carved a pumpkin with the scouts and for the last two weeks he has just been bragging up a storm so I gave him a "1st prize" ribbon that he is wearing on his shirt.

Dad also got ordained as a high priest on Sunday so we took a nice family portrait... Rob and Mandy, I think Teresa can photo shop you guys in! We miss you!

But the real fun happened after the girls left the picture and Taylor got caught with his hands down his pants!
And then we ended the evening, as every evening should end, singing "happy birthday" to me and eating chocolate eclair pie! Yum! Thanks again to the Billingsleys, lets just say, I wore flip flops to bed last night. Wink!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Jenny!! We will be bringing you a little something when we come up for Thanksgiving!! I would just mail it, but I don't have it yet! It will take me a while to get it...we are way too busy down here! See you soon!
You are hil-ar-i-ous! We love you sooo much - dogs or no dogs. Seriously, you didn't have to wear the flip flops to bed, Jen. They'll be there every morning when you wake up! Bri wears his throughout the winter, so it's not like you're pressed to get 'wearing time' in;)
Thank you for letting us spend your birthday with you, you're the best sister I ever had.
Thanks for inviting me, your friend, to your birthday party...
Your blog is cool too
Steph-Jen, got your thank-you in the mail, and boy did that make us smile! We love mail that doesn't require money due! Anywho, this second comment is to say, "Tag, you're it!" (See our blog.) I realize, "lame", but I caved, and now you will too.
Have fun!
Post a Comment