Well, Gwyneth most likely isn't going to be here for another 8 - 12 weeks or so and already life is basically revolving around her. The specifics of this involve physical changes, preparation for her birth & life and life changes.
Physically:
- I can't sit for more than like 40 minutes or so without getting really sore somewhere or stiff in my joints. Mainly I've been having a lot of upper back pain which I notice is exacerbated by my job.
- I cannot sleep comfortably through the night any longer. People tell me this is just prep for the sleep I will be missing when Gwyn is born. I'd rather not be prepped for that!
- I am having Braxton Hicks contractions... another thing to prep your body for the real labor, I really don't mind them, so long as they don't turn into the real thing yet!
- My belly is officially in the way of just about everything. This is especially annoying when trying to reach for things because as a very short person, I need to reach for a lot of stuff, which is now impossible. I also can't bend over very well or just reach under the couch to get the dog's ball out.
- I am eating way too much, especially in the sweets department. I really think I ate better before I was pregnant but I have renewed my commitment to being health(ier) and am eating loads of calcium, protein and vitamins and a DHA supplement. As a result, this child should have 20/20 vision and have exception brain function. Only time will tell on that one!
- I get heartburn & gas a lot!
Preparation:
- Taking hypnobirthing, trying to read the book at least 4 times before she is born, practicing techniques & other preparation along with that.
- Getting nursery ready (not very far on that one!)
- Getting all the gear purchased & assembled
- Looking for a good pediatrician, any suggestions??
Life changes:
- Eric's graduation & job change
- Me going part-time, still haven't decided exactly how many days I will be working
- Looking for a babysitter for the day or two I do work, any suggestions??
- The plethora of worries that go through my mind about the responsibilities of being a parent
I am sure there are more things I could add to each of those lists, but when you're pregnant your mind doesn't quite function at 100% so that is what I came up with right now.
One really fantastic thing about being pregnant is that I believe that is the reason I was excused from jury duty today! Yeah! Actually, if my working weren't so critical to our survival right now, I probably would have been intrigued by jury duty, especially the case that involved attempted murder! But right now, it would have been a real hardship, because I would have had to take at least a week off, possibly more! Now, my only gripe with the system is that the process is so inconvenient. They really could make it run much more conveniently and it would if it were a private enterprise but thus we see another wonderful example of government and how it seems to prefer to be inefficient. For example, I had to take one whole day off of work about 2 weeks ago to go to the court physically and fill out a juror information form that should be available online or by mail. Today I spent an hour and a half at the courthouse just reading my hypnobirthing book until a bailiff came out and read a bunch of names that could leave. I did absolutely nothing and it was a total waste of time. They could have called me, along with the other people they read out, on the phone and told us we didn't need to go in or perhaps informed us before we sat around for over an hour but that would be far too easy!
Well, the important thing is, I was excused! The reason for being excused, according to the juror information form I filled out at the beginning of February could be one of many reasons. 1) I am in my third trimester of pregnancy. 2) I would experience a financial hardship by serving jury duty. 3) I am a republican that listens to Fox News, reads the paper (mostly I do the jumble and read the comics), and supports the NRA. or 4) I am prejudiced against certain immigrants for several reasons one of them being I am sick and tired of being stared up and down and having inappropriate comments/noises/gestures made towards me that make me feel uncomfortable and degraded and these actions are always being made by male members of the hispanic population. Seriously, this has been happening since I was like 13 years old and continued into my current pregnancy. It is very disturbing!
Boy I have been long winded tonight! Here are some more pictures to cap this post off!
Now here was a fun experiment... I made this nursing cover and was trying it on to show my friend Meg. Which naturally led to a need for a demonstration with none other than...
My adorable and baby-like dog Roscoe! He wasn't quite comfortable with the situation but conformed enough to allow us the privilege of getting a really good laugh!
11 comments:
You look so cute! I am sad I did not really see any one at UDA. That is so funny you are trying out the nursing cover with your dog:) Loved it!
1- I love seeing you with a belly. It's the closest to being fat you'll ever be.
2- It's about time you did an update - way to long
Love you!
I really like Kate's pediatrician. I actually just switched to him. It's Jeff Jackson in WJ on 9000 South and 1900ish West. Phone number is 566-9888. They are totally old-fashioned. They don't even do their scheduling in a computer. But he was really good and the office staff is wonderful and I LOVE his MA. She has been so helpful and went out of her way to help me even before Kate's records were there. Dr. Jackson also seems really thorough. So if you are okay with going to an office that is living in the 80s or whenever pre-computer life was then I would highly recommend them!
Oh - and I'm with Erin. I'm glad you did an update. I've been checking your blog because I've been excited to see how you are doing!
You're the hottest pregnant chick! I'm glad we got to hang out at convention too! Thanks for posting that picture. You're the best!
Wow you have no idea how many times I was nodding my head to this saying to myself "yep, Im doing that, got that, totally know what your going through, omg ME too! totally!" haha You hit it all to a T!
As for a pediatrician, my friend has an awesome one! However my brain is not functioning right now so I couldn't tell you his name but from what she says he is very personable and shows a real concern and effort to really get to know your family. His whole office knows each of her kids by name...I'll get his name so you can check into him if you'd like.
Also, I have a friend in Herriman who had a baby last September and she is going to watch my little girl when I have to go back p/t to work. She's just looking for one or two so incase there is an emergency she can comortably and safely fit them into her suv. She is very resposible and I trust her a lot.... just a friendly fyi if you need a sitter :)
Anyways...long comment but just a few more things... YOU LOOK AMAZING! All you are is belly and still not that big for being 30weeks either, although I KNOW you probably are FEELING it!! I know I am *lol* Well take care and good luck with everything!
Oohhh! My cute little pregnant Jenny! I can't believe little bebe Gwyn will be here so soon! I'll definitely have to make another trip out to see her--oh wait! I'm already planning on it because I'm going to see NO DOUBT in slc May 25! She'll be all ready by then, right? ;)
You are cute and I was fun to visit with you at the convention! It's funny how fast you forget all the discomforts of pregnancy (and it is a good thing or you would never do it again) but you are so right about every one of them! Your nursing cover turned out super cute! Good luck with the nursery! Mine is still not all the way done and I have a 3 month old now... Crazy!
It was great to see you again. I do hope we can get together again. It kinda made me long for school again, just in some weird way. Hey, think you could forward that picture some some of us? Think I'd like to put that one in a scrap book.
Hey Jen! I just wanted to check in on you...wasn't sure if you've had the baby or not! So happy to see that it's a girl!! Our little Emri is now 6 weeks...so crazy! BEing a mom is the hardest, but most rewarding thing i've ever done! You look so cute! I loved you list of the tough parts of pregnancy...i cut back to 3 days about mid-pregnancy, and even that was hard! The belly just keeps growing and the arms dont...bumping the tops of pts head was a daily occurrence! Good luck with the last stretch...it will fly by and before you know it your little one will be 6 weeks too! Take care!--jami--
Jen,
I've been thinking about you! Hope all is well. My baby and I are still one, dang it! Tomorrow is my due date (the 22nd) but I've just made myself plan on the 29th because nothing is happening, so I'll plan on getting induced, which kind of throws a wrench in my "natural birthing" plans. I hope it goes well for you. Be sure to post!
-Tatiana
Post a Comment