Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Maui Pictures Finally

So here are some of my favorite memories of Maui (at least the ones I can show! ;)

This picture cost us $6 because some "professional" photographer pilfered it out of us. But the bird sure are a nice touch!



















Whale watching was really nice too. We just went out in a little raft kind of boat for about 2 hours and some of the whales came really close to us.... like this one. An interesting fact about humpback whales is that every whale has different fin markings, they're like fingerprints!
















This is a black sand beach with some ferocious waves. It is amazing to see such contrasts on one small island. One hour we are on a sunny beach with calm, if any waves, the next we are witnessing a furious ocean in a totally different environment. Did you know that Maui is home to one of the driest and wettest places on earth simultaneously?!















Here we are on our big night out. We dined at an ocean-view table (too bad you can't see it since its dark) but it was paradise... Although, Eric did get food poisoning from the clam chowder.





















This is a funny picture of us. We went up to the dormant volcano that is believed to have formed Maui. It was a 10,000+ ft mountain that we took a tour drive up the mountain and then biked our way down. I thought it was very nice and the volcano was pretty cool to see. When you go to a volcano crater you expect to see this perfect circle with molten lava inside but this crater was over 7 miles wide and you couldn't even see most of it from the lookout point.
















I just had to include this one as our classic beach photo. We rented some boogey boards but the waves were pretty mild. It was the beach in Maui though so you can't complain! I think I am still getting little grains of sand out of my ears though. That stuff just sticks everywhere!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Jen, thanks for the self-esteem boost from your comment on my blog! Love the honeymoon pictures! I have never been to Hawaii and now I am convinced it is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the whale facts I feel much smarter now and love the bird pic. I am glad you only posted pictures that you could show the public:) We are excited to see you in May! Lots of Love, Mandy

Send in the Clown said...

Keep being the cutest lady in the world. I love you so much cutie pie.