Wednesday, March 28, 2007
2 cents: The National Dental Hygiene Board Exam
Today is a very good day because it is the day after National Boards!!! This means I am sitting at the VA without a patient and I'm not spending my every free moment anxiously studying. No more quizzing each other, no more andyrdh or amyrdh, no more late nights at Jalene's, no more fighting over anesthesia math problems and no more worrying and stressing over it! And if the ADA wants my honest opinion of that exam, it is crap! I mean, it seemed to me more like torture after the first 100 questions or so. It is completely unneccesary to give a 7.5 hour exam. I got to a point where my eyes were so sore, I had a headache the size of Texas and I was ready to scream andI still had like 7 more case studies. And when a person gets to that point, you can't expect that they will be able to perform as they should on a rigorous exam. Thus, I strongly believe that the National Dental Hygiene Board Exam is completely unethical due to its grueling demand on my mental and physical health. But that's just my 2 cents, for what its worth.
Labels:
Hygiene
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on getting through that awful day! I remember not understanding the questions by about hour 3 1/2!! My head was spinning....it's a dang good thing there are so many questions, then they can throw lots out! One more to go! You'll do great! Love the Hawaii pics!
I too love the Hawaii pics you got a awesome husband. Also testing is a funny thing. They want to see how you will react under stress. The real world is full of stress and making split second decision. If you are unable to concentrate for 7.5 Hours a full work day answering those types of questions then should you be able to practice what you were being tested over? That why the test are so long a "grueling" as you say. But it is over and therefore the worst is behind you now you just have to show you know what you are doing in the chair. You are the greatest I love you and want to see you eternally happy.
Love your,
Secret Admirer!
Post a Comment