Sunday, May 20, 2007

Birthdays and Kites

Just to show how exciting life has been this spring now that school no longer takes up my whole life, I now have time to do really fun things like fly kites. This Sunday was perfect kite flying weather so Eric, Kent and I headed out to the park by their house. Eric's kite is a jet and Kent's is a box kite. Kent's kite was better to fly but it kept breaking. That is, until the engineers put their heads together and made some duct tape modifications. You can see from the pictures though that in the beginning Kent was very dejected about not getting his kite into a successful flight. However, once we got it into the air, it flew for about 5 minutes before we had to pull it in for "game" time. Go JAZZ!!





Just a few weeks ago we celebrated my dad's 52nd birthday! Way to go dad!


And I am so proud of my nephew and my husband for learning how to mimic one another. I'm really not sure who did the face first but they're both special in my eyes.


Corinne brought her bike to grandma's house to show us all how she'd learned to ride it without training wheels. So we all ran out in the freezing rain to watch her ride.


3 comments:

Hale yeah! said...

Nice pictures, I especially like your butt shot, Ha ha! WE ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. This is the first time I haven't been stressed in oh about 2 years!! SEE Ya monday!!

Kami said...

These pictures are so cute. I can't believe how high your kites got to.

Hey congrats on passing your board. I linked to your blog off of Jami's. I cannot believe that you are working already. You certainly do not let any grass grow under your feet do you? Good job you deserve it.

Candice said...

Nice pics! So are you going to stay at that place when you get your license? Have you got it yet? Good job! Big gulps huh? Well, see ya later!