Well, sorry my blog got so boring for the last month. I guess the blog was boring because my life was busy and I didn't have time to update it much. Time or energy. For about 2 weeks before Christmas I had a cold/cough that would not go away. I am still a little coughy but its not anywhere near as bad as it was. I blame the ozone. Speaking of ozone, our Questar bill was ridiculous this month. We only paid about $12 less that Eric's parents and their home is 3 x the size of ours. If anyone can help us figure this out, we'd appreciate it. But back to the holidays... Christmas was so exciting with visits from Rob, Mandy, Evan and my newest niece Lily and a surprise visit from Jdub, Andy, Ashton and Brice. We battled the snowstorm on Christmas Eve coming home from Logan but we still made it to grandma Barb's for dinner and fun. Although, I do have to say that at times during that 3.5 hour drive from Logan going an average of 30 mph, I didn't think Eric and I would make it to our one-year anniversary. We were both so tired and ornery that we couldn't speak or remain silent without getting on each other's nerves.
I am proud to report that we did make it and are still happily married... so long as we never get caught in a horrible snow storm again! :) Our anniversary was a really great day! We just got to lay around all day, which we probably haven't done since our honeymoon, and then we went to dinner at the Mandarin in Bountiful and went to the temple. We did have a miniature miracle while driving up to the Bountiful temple. We were going up that really steep hill and suddenly, our car just stopped going forward. The tires were spinning on the snow and I was really scared. Eric managed to get enough traction to turn around and he said, "I am not going back up there, we are just going to have to go to Salt Lake." Then as we were driving down the hill, two snow plows crossed our path and we were able to turn around and follow the plows, which worked out perfectly!
New Years was also fun! We played Rock Band at Kent and Ann's with the family and ate and talked. Rock band is really fun! I enjoy singing because my deepest inner self really would love to be a great singer. I would even settle for a good singer... but Rock band doesn't require that much skill and so I can sing my little heart out.
All in all, life was pretty good the last month so here's to 2008! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the holidays.
6 comments:
Great picture!! I love it, it looks like I am really rockin'!! I love Ashton with his shirt off!! It was fun to see you guys and the dogs! Give them a big hug from us. I wish we lived some where that we could have a dog!
You're so good about posting pictures! I need a camera so bad. Why don't I have one? Good question. Miss ya girl. See ya soon!
Cute pictures. Kite Runner is a major tear jerker but worth it! As for your house...we had to get a new furnace and windows. Before we did this we had a bill one month for $280. I've heard insulating your attic really helps. Good Luck!!
Great update. Love the recap in pictures. Lily is cute isn't she? Well I guess I am a bit biased! It was so good seeing you, Eric, your house, and your dogs(that was what Evan was most excited to see, though the dogs probably don't feel the same way!). Thanks for the blog encouragement. I'll get around to updating mine within the next week. Now that I said that I better do it!
I will send you the info about changing your blog and my photobucket info. You can give it a go and see if you have better luck than me!
Good update, Jen. I'm esp. glad you included the burnt bacon - that had me laughing outloud all over again!
I was going to advise on an attempt to help your monthly gas bill, but Gretel said it - newer appliances really are more energy efficient. Good luck;)
I cry when I watch Gremlins too, but not because it's sad or scary, because I can't believe I couldn't find something better on t.v.
Love you (and Er-Bear), and I can't speak for Tay, but I know Whit likes your dogs!
Post a Comment