Saturday, May 31, 2008

Babysitting, fires, and mutts

Well, life has been pretty busy the past couple of weeks. We've spent a couple of days babysitting, today we "Strutted our Mutts" down at Sugarhouse park (Its the official walk of "No More Homeless Pets" in Utah). And we hosted our first barbecue at our house last night for Ashly's going away party. Granted, it was a veggie barbecue but Eric still cooked hot dogs with the veggie burgers. Although, I don't have the pictures from the barbecue on my camera, I guess Eric was using his so I'll have to wait to post those 'til later. I feel like this summer is going to be a great one. I really love having my own place now that there's actually stuff to do. Our yard is still a work in progress... but then again, so is our house but even that work is just enjoyable. From the moment I made plans to have Ashly's barbecue last night, Eric started getting all worried. He said, "Our yard is nowhere near ready to be having people over!" He works really hard on it and even an hour before the barbecue, he ran to the store to buy some more flowers to plant in the backyard. In a few years, I can just imagine how it'll look. Anyway, at least it makes the mortgage a little easier to pay each month!

But onto photos... This was our first babysitting gig and you can see how well it turned out. Whitney actually wanted to get into the dog kennel but Frankie was not too happy about it. He just went up to it and kept pawing at it trying to get the door to open.


Taylor is terrified of Frankie in this picture. That boy can sure scream!

After Tay saw how fun it was to be in the kennel, he decided to try it out too. Who knew it'd be such fun?

This is the first time we lit our firepit in the backyard, after a Bees game. Zach, Riley, Meg, Russ, Eric & myself were the participants and despite our best efforts, the fire lasted about 15 minutes before it was out for good due to a problem with wet wood. It rained all day so everything outside was soaked.

I think Frankie & Roscoe really liked "Strut Your Mutt". I was worried about their social skills but alas, they're pretty popular as dogs go. They made lots of new friends and only barked at a couple of outcasts.
This dog is so cute! He is available for adoption if anyone is interested. He only has two hind legs and then the wheelchair. I don't know why he is in this condition, but he is cute and sweet and needs a good home!Now onto our second babysitting attempt. We tried cupcakes this time which were a lot of fun.

Brice ate more of her cupcake than Ashton did! She is so cute and chubby!
Ashton loved playing with Frankie & Roscoe. I'm not sure they reciprocated his feelings all the time. After awhile, Roscoe started acting like he was afraid of Ashton and it was because Ashton would hit him to get him to drop the ball. I don't think Ashton has been around many animals so its good training to learn how to act around them. But they look like they're having fun here!
Brice is so cute! She actually slept almost the entire time we had her but when she was awake she was so happy.
Precious! There are certain times I actually can picture Eric as a father.
This is one of them.
Roscoe got really worn out today between "Strut Your Mutt" and Ashton. I should do this more often!
And last but not least, I finally got my coveted lawn gnome. Jealous?



2 comments:

Ryan & Brytten Pettit said...

So thanks for coming to the carnival, it was fun to see you. We really need to catch up, sounds like life is pretty exciting. Come visit me, I'm almost always home. Thanks for the mother's day shout out, I think I'm the only Brytten you know:)
lol Heart Hugs- Brytten

Andi said...

Thanks for babysitting and for posting pictures of it. Sorry about Ashton hitting your dog...hopefully soon we can get a dog! First a house, than a dog. We really do appreciate you watching our kids. We haven't been to the Temple in a while...it was nice to go and know that our children were in good hands!