Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life. I have so much to appreciate on this day. Starting, first with my own mom, who is without a doubt the most giving person I know. Also, you are Eric's favorite person in my family (not counting myself, of course)! We both really love you, mom!

Ann, thanks for all you've done for me & Eric. You are definitely my second mother and I love learning from you and growing closer to you. You are an amazing person and are always doing something for someone and I can't believe all that you can accomplish. I have so many great examples of motherhood in my life and I just wanted to tell each of you that I really do love you and you have taught me about motherhood in some important way. Grandma Barb, Grandma Carver, Stephanie, Mandy, Teresa, Brittany, Andi, Mahina, Brytten, and last but not least, Gretel... Happy Mother's Day to you all!

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. " ~Washington Irving

5 comments:

Gretel said...

I love you to Jenny! You are the greatest! I hope you got our package on Saturday. If not you'll have a great surprise tomorrow.

Gretel said...

Sorry- I know there are two o's in too. (That is the last time I let Eric spell check my comments!!)

Send in the Clown said...

I really don't think I would make such a silly mistake as that. Come on Gretel you know that I put only A quality work here.

{Brittany} said...

Thanks for the sweet Mother's Day recognition. You are going to also be an amazing mother someday. Thanks for sharing that quote. I love it!

Candice said...

Mothers are very wonderful! Can I steal your quote? I love that! So I ran into Des over the weekend, we all need to go to lunch sometime! I'll call when I'm going to be up North. I loved looking at all the cakes! How fun!