Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Family Home Evening

We decided to be thankful for the lovely weather on Monday night by holding a family home evening outside. Although, its funny because to us, its almost always family home evening! So since this is based on FHE, the rest of the post will include shows of gratitude. We took a drive out to the nursery and got some nice little annual flowers for our flower bed. This is the first time Eric & I have ever done anything like this on our own (i.e. without parental supervision). And believe it or not, it was awesome. It was the best "work" night I've had in a long time. I can't wait to get out and do some more yard work. We planted some Allysum & a rocket mix of Snap Dragons. Snap Dragons are by far the most fun flower on the market. Big show of appreciation for snap dragons.

Eric made this "U" in one of his classes at school and so he has decided that it naturally makes good yard art. I would have really loved a nice gnome. Ever since the movie Amelie came out, I've wanted a lawn gnome. Eric has quite the vision for all the dirt you see here so at the end of the summer I will have to compare this photo with our end result. Thank you Canon camera for a nice photograph.
Just working on my pots. They came with the house so I figured, if ya got 'em, plant 'em. I was inspired by Earth week last week. Thank you NBC! The gloves were $1 special at Target. Thank you France.
Eric working on getting rid of some grape vine in our backyard. When you were little, did you ever say "Back-E-Yard?" I remember the Josie boys used to say it like that. Thank you for the memories Josies.
Here are more pots that came with the house. We really made a steal with this purchase, eh? I really do love these pots though. The small ones are housing my herb garden. I can't wait for fresh cilantro! Thank you Cafe Rio for helping me to enhance my appreciation for cilantro. Delicious and nutritious!
Roscoe looks just like a wet seal! He loves running water. He frolicks about in it and makes these really high pitched squealing kind of noises. Who says kids are better? Thank you Wasatch Humane for a successful pet adoption.

And we can't forget Frankie. He knows how to cool down after a hot night outside. Just sprawl out on the cold tile. I wish I were flexible enough to lay like that. Actually, it closely resembles a stretch I used to do when I was in dance. Thank you, Shelly's school of dance, X'pressions, and Elite Academy for years of overpriced dance lessons, without which, I may have never made the above connection. Really, the thanks here goes to mom & dad for paying for the lessons & driving me to them & going to all the really long and boring concerts.


7 comments:

The Jones' said...

AMEN! Cafe Rio DOES make you appreciate cilantro a little more! I am super jealous that you have a cute little house to play with!!

Bri, Steph, Whit, Tay, James, Ben, Sam said...

I love you JENERIC! I decided to read this post with Martina singing "I have been blessed" (until Tay came up to the computer insisting that I "turn the music off" while pushing random number buttons on the keyboard).
I don't know if it's the nostalgia and cute pictures of my happy sister and her prince charming or complete exhaustion on my part, but I teared up a little with this post - the part about Josies nearly cracked me (even though I have no recollection of them saying that). Oh, and I laughed too. Thank YOU JENERIC, for being you.

Melissa said...

Ah, that makes me want to go work in my yard! Maybe if it stops snowing I will venture out. Fun FHE!

Nic Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hale yeah! said...

Sorry I left a comment but it was under my brother-in-laws name. Anyway.......... I am super jealous you have a little garden. I can't keep anything alive. I bought a small plant from IKEA awhile ago and it's touch and go from day to day. One day it's alive and beautiful and the next day it's limp and about ready to die. Oh well I guess I will never have garden. I will have to come visit your lovely yard one day :)

sorensenpower said...

Eric IS good with dirt!

Wink!

The Kollman's said...

Okay Jenny I figured it out!!! Thanks again for the fun BBQ last night! We need another date night soon!