Sunday, August 03, 2008

The happiest place on earth!

Eric, Zach, Meg & I set off to fabulous Disneyland Resort on Wednesday July 23rd, 2008. Our plan was to leave by 7:00 and drive all night. Which we did successfully. I think everyone was so excited and hopped up on caffeine to even think about sleep. Although I do not recommend doing this kind of driving regularly. This was the official first picture of the trip. Zach & Eric, California dreamin'.


Here I am at about, oh I'd say 2:00 a.m. or so. Just getting my fluids replenished at a quick stop in Jean, NV. Notice my hat, M-I-C-K-E-Y!
Here's Eric and I at our first stop in California. I don't know why we're shaking hands but at 4:30 a.m., crazier things have happened, I am sure!
Yeah, we made it to Disneyland after a 4 hour sleep stop at the Travelodge. The first ride of the day, after getting a fast pass for Splash Mountain was Pirates of the Caribbean! We then rode this ride a total of 5 or 6 times before the end of the trip.
Zach & Meg, just falling in love in front of the castle.

Me & Eric enjoying Mr. Potato Head's entertainment while waiting in line for Toy Story 2: Midway Mania! This ride was voted best new ride of the trip. We loved it! Too bad the line was so long.
Just livin' it up California style in California Adventure.
This lady was in front of us in line for Space Mountain. She was wearing the craziest outfit I've ever seen, as depicted in the picture above. Also, you have to consider that it is July in California and she is covered head to toe.

We took another stab at Toy Story Midway Mania that night! Its a 3-D action adventure game that you shoot at arcade style targets with a spring action shooter. Pretty awesome!
The next day we had one goal in mind- find classic Mickey. We headed to toon town to see what characters we could find and Meg insisted that Eric and I pose like this and there is a little 3-year old girl in the background that just looks very confused. It was pretty awkward!
Ah ha! After waiting in line for what seemed like hours, we finally found classic Mickey! A dream come true!
Then we were off to Princess Faire to find us some princesses. In all, we saw Jasmine, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty & (surprise!) the Fairy Godmother!

Then we went back to Tomorrowland to get some lunch at Pizza Port (which is delicious by the way!) and found Buzz Lightyear. I went with the classic, "hey Buzz, to infinite and beyond!" He gave me thumbs up, I think he really liked us!
My favorite ride, The Hollywood Tower of Terror! Of course, we didn't buy the pic so you have to settle for this picture of the picture displayed on the screen! Tricked you, Disneyland!

Now, here's probably the best story of the whole trip (maybe tied with Eric yelling out at Meg & I, "Get a room Lesbos!" not noticing that he was walking right next to a couple walking hand in hand!) but anyway, Zach REALLY wanted to meet Donald Duck. From the get go, it was all he talked about. So, fatefully, the last night as we entered The Magic Kingdom, Eric went to ask one of the workers if she'd seen him or knew where we could see him when, he actually spotted him not far away. So we ran to get in line and waited for about 10 minutes until out comes Mickey to replace him!
Goodbye Donald! Anyway, Eric chased after him and took this picture and I was trying to contemplate running up and attacking him to get him to stay long enough to get a picture with Zach. But alas, he was gone.
Zach was completely destroyed and sat on the curb to try and cool down. In the meantime, we walked around, rode some more rides and lived up our last night in D-town. Anyway, as the evening came to a close and we walked down Main street, what to our wondering eyes should appear but Donald himself!

What luck?! Anyway, Zach got his coveted picture with Donald! Aren't they a perfect pair?


Day 3 was spent at Newport beach. It was somewhat cool & cloudy but we didn't get rained on and really I'd say it was close to perfect. Meg & I had fun posing like beach beauties.
Then I pretended to be pregnant in my new Modbe swimsuit and Eric is showing everyone how such a thing may have occurred. Not real!! I repeat, this is a posed picture. Smoke and mirrors, that's all it is!
And back at the hotel, Eric is not afraid to let it all hang out!
As we headed home Sunday, Zach actually shed a single tear for the end of such a magical adventure.


And Eric was just plum tuckered out! We really can't wait to go back, even knowing that next time around we'll probably have a little tike to share it with.

8 comments:

Gretel said...

What day were you at Newport?? If it was anytime between the 19th and 28th we were just on the other side of the pier!! It would have been great to run into each other.

The Kollman's said...

It looks like you guys had a blast at Disney Land!! It truly is the happiest place on earth!!! I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous. I haven't been for over a year!! Oh and P.S. I'm done with Breaking Dawn. I finished it last night!! Amazing! That is all I'm going to say! Let me know how you like it!!! Hope to see you soon my little Jen Bug!!

Love,
Jess

The Jones' said...

SO MUCH FUN!! That looks much better than Island Park at times. I want to know when that little tike is coming so let us know!!! Thanks-

{Brittany} said...

Thanks for the update on your trip. It looks like you guys had so much fun!! But, you kids always know how to have a good time. I love all the cute pictures with the characters!!

Ashly in CO said...

Looks like you guys had some fun! Every time I think of Disneyland I think of performing on the "back lot" in California Adventure----where NO ONE came to see us!!! Remember? Funny times. Now, the next time you take a road trip, have it be the OTHER direction--due east to Denver!! :)

Wendy Anderson said...

Looks like an awesome fun trip Jen!!! And I like the pic below of Erics sunburn...hilarious!!

sorensenpower said...

I love 5:00 shadow Eric and the classic speedo

Michelle said...

We are going in a month and I can't wait! It looks like you guys had a BLAST! Oh - and cute swim suit :)