Friday, August 29, 2008

A couple of very exciting announcements!

Well, yesterday morning I woke up with a terrible sore throat and felt so worn down but because it was my last work day of the week, I made it through and rested up all of last night because I knew today held many exciting things for me!! I woke up first thing this morning so excited and even though I still feel a little sick, a sore throat wasn't going to ruin my day. First of all, we started off the day with a urine test... you all know where this is going... that's right we got our blood and urine tested for life insurance! Life insurance! It's weird, I'm really starting to feel like an adult. Well, since adulthood is coming head-on, Eric and I decided it was time to get a real "adult" vehicle. So, on my brother's recommendation, we went to Murdock Hyundai and got one fantastic deal on a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It is so nice, rides as velvety smooth as a Buick, and was only $16,000! Our salesman, Ren'e was very nice but said that the deal is supposed to end tomorrow unless they decide to extend it, so if you are interested in a great car with 5-star safety ratings, Consumer Reports recommended, MP3/CD player, Ipod/USB input, XM radio, fold-down rear seats and a trunk that is larger than the Toyota Camry's, all at a price you can't afford to miss, then you'd better act fast! Especially if you are in the mafia, you could use the extra trunk space. Well, since I'm a little run-down, I didn't get enough motivation yet to actually take a picture of our car so I'm just posting this photo I got on the internet.
Well, since we were on such a roll for the day, I got online and purchased our tickets for the upcoming Body Worlds 3 & The Story of the Heart exhibition that is coming to Salt Lake City on September 19th. If anyone else is interested and wants to go with us, let us know! More information can be found at http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/.
This is the kind of thing you can expect to see. Real human cadavers that have been essentially preserved for eternity through a process called plastination. Then they pose them and have them cured. I am completely fascinated and have wanted to see this exhibit since I was introduced to it through a video we watched in an anatomy class in college. I can't wait! And better yet, I'll be arriving in comfort and style in our new car (Said in true "Price is Right" enthusiasm)!

18 comments:

airteresa said...

Yay! New car looks great. Hope your sore throat gets better soon..Love, Teresa

Ashly in CO said...

Jenny---I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant and you got me all excited...but I'm glad you're getting life insurance. That's very adult-ish of you. :) And congrats on the new car! New cars are the best, especially when you get a good deal on them.
Oh, and I've been to Body Worlds--I can't remember which one-but it is pretty awesome. I went with Sean so naturally we were there nearly the entire day so I was DONE by the time Sean was finally ready. BUT, it is unreal. You'll see. Oh, and save some time for me--we HAVE to get together this time. I'll be in town Sept 10-16. Loves.

Andi said...

how much are tickets? Let me know...it would be interesting to go and see..although I am not sure if I could come down early that day or not. Congrats on the new car!! That is exciting. Oh, and the urine test thing was funny!! One day you are going to shock us with the news that you are actually pregnant!

The Jones' said...

So that exhibit you are going to sounds really interesting...how much are tickets to a thing like that?? I also thought that urine thing was funny, however I have an incling that you are currently pregnant and are holding out on us because you guys think it's funny! lol. Good one!
Let me know on the tickets though... -Mahina

Em said...

Nice car. Hey, do you get sick leave.

Mandy said...

Sweet ride Jen! Glad you took Rob's advice so we can be twiners. I too want to ride next to you in your new car so I can see how hot we look in our Sonatas! Maybe on the way up to Aaron and Teresa's on Saturday if you are going.

Henderson said...

I am noticing a theme in this post: mafia, life insurance, extra trunk space, and dead bodies!! What is going on!?!?

Em said...

No, I'm not in the Army. Commissioned Corps, one of the US's seven uniformed services. Not armed though.

Erin said...

Well, sounds like Hyundai is paying you to write this blog. I saw the body show in NY - it's neat and you'll love it! I actually bought my tickets the other day as well. Spring Break! Woo!

Meg said...

You keep teasing me, then I get mad because my first thought is "I can't believe i'm finding out she is pregnant on her blog" I know you know better! What day are you going to the cadaver thing?

Aimee said...

Does it drive smoother than the Acura? I want a new car so bad!

sorensenpower said...

I saw this in Vegas and it's awesome. Kind of grosss but very cool. I want to go aain.

Jensens said...

Doug saw the show in Vegas and wants to go again. I'm still a little iffy. I'm not much for realistic medical models. Just knowing that it's a real person kinda gives me the heeby jeebies.

airteresa said...

Okay, so JENNY: is this the real day you found out you were REALLY pregnant???!!!??? I am guessing yes and you have been lauging it up all this time. (Mahina had the right thought going on, eh?)

Jensens said...

Umm..congrats?! You've been tagged!

Tricia Christiansen said...

Hey there I ran across your blog from Wendy's. How have you been? You seem really happy!

The Jones' said...

I would let you watch Eme anytime you wanted to! I heard she was a little stinker for you though, sorry. She has been picking up on this stranger danger thing this last few weeks. She cries and cries with ladies at my work that she has been around all the time. I don't know what I am going to do with her! :) I totally love that she loves me, but I don't want her to be a total mammas girl either. That's why I love to take her places with different people all the time. Thank for being her stand in mommy while I abandoned my family for the REO Speedwagon concert!

Amie said...

I'm so glad that i found your blog!!! It is fun to keep in touch with people this way. Ok so I read your sister's blog also and I'm pretty sure she said that you were pregnant along with her!!! That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!!

Oh this is Amie Love Jacobson