Sunday, January 18, 2009

5.7 months, in my sixth month or 25 weeks!


That is how far along I am in my pregnancy. I hate when people ask me how far along I am in months because a) I don't really keep track of it that way and b) it is really confusing to try and figure out. I mean, most people just say, divide by 4 weeks but that really doesn't work because months aren't an exact measurement and there are acutally about 4.35 weeks in a month on average. So, thus I am actually 5.7 months pregnant, however, most baby books and journals have a totally different way of doing it as depicted in the table below. So I am in my 6th month, meaning I have completed up to 5 months and am working towards a complete 6 months. So to say I am 6 months would be inaccurate at this point even though that appears to be the way that most women would gauge it. Does this bother anyone else?!

Weeks 1 - 4 5 - 8 9 - 13 14 - 17 18 - 21 22 - 26 27 - 30 31 - 35 36 - 40
Which
Month
are you in?
You are
in your
first
month
You are
in your
second
month
You are
in your
third
month
You are
in your
fourth
month
You are
in your
fifth
month
You are
in your
sixth
month
You are
in your
seventh
month
You are
in your
eighth
month
You are
in your
ninth
month
.
This is
Month
one two three four five six seven eight nine
Trimester first second third

5 comments:

Jensens said...

Your belly is so cute!

Henderson said...

Ha ha! I have also totally argued about the way you count "pregnancy time". Like when you are nine months, you still have to complete a month before you have a baby. It doesn't make a lot of sense. By the way, you are so cute pregnant, and I love the nursery set!

The Armons said...

Ha! I totally know what you mean, it gets soooo confusing. Ive given up trying to explain it or being "exact" when people ask me... its more like I close to this # of mos or just over # of mos.
Your belly is so cute! Congratulations!!

Ashly in CO said...

You are still so tiny for being 5.7 months pregnant--and so cute! Love the nursery set too!

Michelle said...

My sentiments exactly. You look so cute.