Also, we went to Bodyworld's a couple of weeks ago and except for the nausea, which I hesitantly broke the "no food or drink" rule to eat some crackers, it was astonishing! I thought that the most interesting part was a display of fetal development that featured fetus's starting at 5 weeks all the way up to 36 or 38 weeks. It was amazing to actually see what my little embryo looked like at about 8 weeks (when I was there) and to see how fast they grow. If you need an anti-abortion campaign, this is it! At 9 weeks the fetus looks just like one of these tiny plastic babies (without hair and a binkie).
Its about that size, you can see individual fingers and toes, eyes, lips, joints that are fully functioning, a heart that's beating, I just don't see how anyone can say that life at this point isn't meaningful or worth saving. Although, the thought did cross my mind that it is more than likely that the actual fetus I was viewing was aborted. It was disturbing, just wondering what happened to all those little fetus's because they were all so perfect. I guess it reminded me of what a miracle life is and how, for all the millions of times that this miracle is performed without a hitch, there are many ways in which things can, and sometimes do, go wrong.
Its about that size, you can see individual fingers and toes, eyes, lips, joints that are fully functioning, a heart that's beating, I just don't see how anyone can say that life at this point isn't meaningful or worth saving. Although, the thought did cross my mind that it is more than likely that the actual fetus I was viewing was aborted. It was disturbing, just wondering what happened to all those little fetus's because they were all so perfect. I guess it reminded me of what a miracle life is and how, for all the millions of times that this miracle is performed without a hitch, there are many ways in which things can, and sometimes do, go wrong. So even now, as a sit here completely fatigued, still struggling with a cold, trying to stave off bouts of nausea, and burping and farting "like a construction worker" in Eric's words, I still can't really complain because I know that what is happening right now is completely miraculous and deserves a sense of appreciation and reverence that I don't really think I will fully comprehend for another 30 weeks or so.
12 comments:
Yeah for you! Congratulations! I'm excited to see Bodyworld. We're going soon. How have you been feeling? I hope all is well. Yeah!
Congrats again! I'm planning a get together for all of us (the old access gang). I can't wait to see you get fat!!!
Congrats!!!
I am excited for you, you'll love being a mom. It is great.
That body world thing sounds awesome I wanted to go but my husband doesn't think he can stomache it. He's kind of a wuss. It sounded like it was awesome, I am jealous.
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I hope the nausea goes away soon.
I am so happy for you guys! I hope you start to feel better.
Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you. I can't wait to hear the names Eric has in mind. Seven?
No not Seven. Something with a little more class Maude or Harold. Like the movie. Or maybe just plain old King. I think that is name fit for a child. Oh naming things is easy. No wonder they say life is a lot harder now then it was. That is because everything is already named.
Oh I am so happy for you guys! That is way exciting! Congrats. I dont think you are creepy at all (for seeing me at the jazz games and not saying hi). Congrats again and im so glad I found ya!
What exciting news! Congrats!! That is so fun that you and Stephanie are pregnant at the same time. Are you thinking boy or girl?? We are thrilled for you and Eric.
YEAH!!! I am so happy for you guys! Pregnancy alone is just quite the adventure, way different than I had ever imagined!! But when you feel that baby move... It is the best!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for the two of you. I do hope the sickness goes away quickly for you. I know how terrible it can make you feel.
I LOVED the baby section. That was BY FAR the best part of the whole exhibit in my opinion. I can't believe how fast babies really develope. Other than that, it was interesting, but I am glad I got free tickets and didn't spend the $22/person!
Post a Comment