
Today I learned that disclosant is messy. But a useful tool because I thought my teeth were so clean because I brushed and flossed right before class only to come in and see that I still had tons of plaque and basically all my lower linguals had plaque on them. It was so gross! I can only imagine what it would look like to disclose someone with marginal to bad hygiene... gross! I am going to post a picture of our whole clinic class with disclosant in our mouths.
I hope we work on exploring again before the PE is due because I'm still not real sure of which end to use in different spots and I feel like I need more practice with EVERYTHING.
Okay now I will vent for a minute about how poorly my time & money was used by attending the UDHA conference all day on Friday. If I have one big suggestion for next year's first year students it is please don't force them to attend this conference. I ended up losing over $170 in cost and lost wages plus driving plus time spent and I really didn't benefit that much from being there. First, I've only been in school for 6 weeks and I couldn't relate to anything the speaker was saying. I'm not a "bored" person typically and I can honestly say I can't remember that last time I was that bored in my life. It wasn't the fault of the speaker, she was great. It was just that I could not relate in any way. It was good to see the table clinics and we needed to be there to help sell but the rest of the day was, I feel, a total waste.
2 comments:
I agree with you about the meeting. The only part that was interesting was table clinics and did I need to pay $55.00 for that!!
I think it should be optional for Jrs.
I agree! 100%! It was pointless to go down there. Granted it was a fun little bonding experience for us all to go to dinner and the sleepover, but it was a little, well, we didn't need to be there. But I did get some good shopping done! ;)
Post a Comment