Saturday, November 12, 2005
Week Eleven
This week in clinic was pretty good. I liked polishing and fluoride treatments because they are both simple. I need to work on getting the polishing cup right up under the gum line though. I'm glad that on Wednesday we didn't have to fill out our lab partner's charts. Personally, I've had it up to here with writing "HHX: No significant changes since..." It was a nice break to not have to worry about the chart anyway! Well, let's see here, what else to say? Oh yes, I did say to check back with me this week about posterior scaling and sure enough, I am so good at it! JK! ;) Really though, I have gotten A LOT better at it since I blogged last week saying that I had never scaled. Now I think over the last two days in clinic I've pretty much scaled all the surfaces of posterior teeth. One thing I noticed that makes a BIG difference in scaling is the patient position and chair position. If the patient is too high or too low or laid up or back too far it can make getting a good scaling position nearly impossible. So if you can't find a good position for a certain area of the mouth, try moving the patient a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, thanks for posting! You're pics are always so cute! How long have you guys been dating?? I remember you telling me about him last spring at the welcome picnic... so, any big plans in your future?! Sounds like clinic is going well! Keep practicing those postitions...posteriors can be a bugger when there's a big ol chunk of calculus on em! You'll do great! Are you excited to see pt's in a few months??
Post a Comment