Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Polish and shine

At first when I started typing this post I was only a little mad but now I am super angry. First of all, this is the third time I have typed this post because I have lost it twice and I have no idea why so if I lose it a fourth time you might just see a post that says "THIS SUCKS!!!" Okay but now for the real stuff... Today was a frustrating day in clinic for the following reasons: 1) We were supposed to learn and practice polishing and by the time I got to polishing I only had maybe 5 minutes. So that was lame. Part of this is because I spent an hour doing HHX, intra/extra exams, dental screening and probing a whole half mouth. I just feel like I need to learn the new stuff more than I need to keep practicing Blood pressure, extra and intra exams and dental screenings. I do need more practice probing but that is just because I am slow, not because I am not comfortable with it. Also, I hope we will get to practice polishing and using our universal curets more because I have never even used a universal curet on a posterior tooth except for the first time we practiced on a typodont. This PE is due next Wednesday so we best get some practice on this before then. 2) I am frustrated that I am in a pod with only one other person so we do not get the same amount of instruction as everyone else. This was especially apparent today. The only time I saw an instructor was when I would call them over to check me off or if I would ask for help specifically. But even then it was like, they'd check me off or answer my question and then go right back to whoever they were helping. Either I am perfect and just don't need help or I am being seriously neglected. I hate to complain and I know it seems like its all I ever do on here... I really do like clinic! I just had a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day today. Plus it seems like everytime I complain about something on my blog, within a week, I feel better about it so just check back next week to hear me talk about how awesome I am at polishing and scaling posterior teeth! :)

1 comment:

Ange said...

I too commented on the passing off of P.E.'s after an introduction of what-ever a week or two prior. I feel that I do not spend enough time on things in clinic...just moving on to pass off another P.E.