Thursday, November 16, 2006
3rd to last day of clinic
Today I am on the verge of completing my 3rd to last day of clinic and it feels great. I am going to be totally honest when I say that I really don't enjoy cleaning teeth. I enjoy the end product and sense of fulfillment in having cleaned a patient with perio or bad ginigivitis. I enjoy interacting with the patients and getting to know them. I also enjoy feeling like I am helping each patient and doing something good for someone else. But I really don't like cleaning teeth. I guess the other parts of the job are just more rewarding so it all equals out in the end but day after day I dread seeing another tooth covered in plaque and calculus. On the bright side, the aches and pains in my back seem to be getting less severe as I am getting used to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Interesting comments, I like to scale and root plane where I feel challenged and know that I did a good job. The task of cleaning teeth definitely can get redundant and boring at tiimes.
Post a Comment