Thursday, November 02, 2006

CLiNic DaY... A day of stain

Today was a very productive day and I feel really good about it. I got a class V in the a.m and two 1A this afternoon. Wahoo! I am closing the gap on these "requirements" quickly... they don't stand a chance. ;) (I know I am a dork). So anyway, my morning patient was a pretty standard class V perio maintenance patient and he was doing a pretty good job maintaining his perio as far as I could see. Looking back at some of his old charts, his probe depths had improved significantly and he was generally healthy. The biggest project I had on him was the heavy stain from drinking black tea & smoking a water pipe. He was from India and explained to me how it was a very big social custom... fascinating... but still not good for your health!

THEN, this afternoon the first 1A patient I saw was an 11-year old with black line stain on the lingual and facial surfaces of her lower anteriors. Crazy, huh? It was hard work hand scaling all that. Luckily, her younger sister didn't have any stain so it was a little easier. Only 4 weeks left!!

No comments: