Sunday, July 15, 2007

Friday the 13th Camping

Eric, Danny, Katie and I spent our Friday the 13th camping in Butterfield canyon. We had a great time, with Danny making homemade ice cream and his famous cobbler, life around a campfire can't get much better. A couple of weird things did happen though. Like when this deer befriended us and was just hanging around within 10 - 20 feet of us for about 20 minutes before Danny finally tried to sneak up to it but scared it and then threw something at it to get it to go away. :( But I did walk up pretty close to get a picture before he scared it away. It was just a yearling but it was still so wierd that it wasn't scared of us at all. Then a little while later we heard this animal sound that I thought was the deer crying from Danny throwing something at it, but when I shone the flashlight where the sound was coming from there was a domestic black cat standing there. That was very freakily appropriate for Friday the 13th! Eric thought we were camping on an old pet cemetary and that was my old cat, Hazel.

Danny says this ice cream maker was the best $15 he ever spent.


Danny broke one of the camping chairs that night so the next morning they threw it in the fire. Unbeknownst to me, I decided to try and roast a Pop Tart over the fire. Well, let me tell you, that was not a good idea and that Pop Tart tasted like a mixture of a burnt marshmellow and burnt canvas. Good thing we bought the 12-pack of Pop Tarts after all!

5 comments:

Bri, Steph, Whit, Tay, James, Ben, Sam said...

Umm, according to my lovely wife, Hazel wasn't a black cat. It was actually a gray cat w/ hazel eyes. She remembers because Hazel was her cat.

Candice said...

Sounds like you had a freaky friday! :) Yes, it is so nice to have matching uniforms so you don't have to worry what to wear! I'm glad things are going so well in your office! So do you just work 3 days for Dr Smith or did you have some extra days off? Ya, I was all gung-ho thinking I was going to work 5 days a week...I'm very happy having a day off (4 days a week) so I can get other things done. By the time I come home, I'm too tired to clean. And I'm not so great at cleaning on the weekends. Anywho, cute cards too! I'm glad to know that it's easier though to just go buy some. :)

Hale yeah! said...

Hey friend! I worked in an office today where I saw a pt. about every 30 min. and I had an assistant. I thought of you :) It actually was pretty good. The day flew by and the assistant was super nice. So I guess it is do able :) I did have a two hour break so I went home since it was close to my house. I was thinking crap thats two hours I'm going to lose, oh well. I came back to clean one pt. But he ended up giving me pay for a full day (the day ended at 3:00 too)! It was super sweet, I will temp there any day :) Hope all is well, have you started full time yet at your office?

Tatiana said...

Craziness! Look's like you had fun though! I love your cards too!

Kristen said...

Hi Jenny! I'm leaving a comment.