Sunday, July 15, 2007

Pressed flower cards with grandma Barb



So I took a picture of my three favorite cards that I made and you will get the gist of it. I figured with all the time that I spent even though the cards are almost free to make, they are probably worth about $40 a piece. It was a two-day project because on day 1 you have to create your arrangment from dried flowers and leaves on wax paper then you cover the wax paper with Kleenex and cover it with watery Elmer's glue. Then the glue has to dry overnight. On day 2, you have to iron them, cut them out, add the paper inserts and then tie or glue them together. I am sure some enrichment committee somewhere concocted these cute little creations as a great idea but the thing is, they take so long to make when I can just walk into Target, spend 10-15 minutes and $5 and walk out with the same amount of notecards. So there you go, you decide what serves humanity better. If it means spending quality time with grandma Barb though, who can resist?

No comments: