Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independence weekend


So I've been having a pretty good July so far. We started out by spending last weekend at Eric's aunt's cabin in Island Park, ID. We spent ALL DAY Friday "rafting" the river (2 inches deep in places!) and Eric came back looking like a lobster. I wish I didn't forget my camera or I'd have some really good pictures of his belly. I also didn't use sunscreen and my shoulders look like a leper now!

On Saturday we went to Yellowstone and saw the many wonders of nature. Its really cool, don't get me wrong when I say that its only something that needs to done once every, oh 20 years or so! Again, no pictures because I forgot my camera. :(

On the fourth of July we started the day off at Meadowbrook Golf Course where Eric, me and my parents shared a lively game. It was so lively that I hit a 9 on a par 3. Let's just say, I think I got the most out of the game! Then we had a barbecue at my parents house where we enjoyed horseshoes, American Flag cake, hula hoops, a swinging contest and fireworks, of course. Isn't life in America awesome?



Tay loved the fireworks but thought they were a little loud! "Happy Birthday America!"

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We wish we were a little closer to join you! Rob is in dire need of a golf buddy, so it sounds like you are a good companion for him!! I will be in Utah with Evan in 2 1/2 weeks so we will have to come see you!

Kami said...

Wow, you have had one busy summer! What state have you not been in this summer? I loved to hear about your working life. I have worked at Old Farm before, it is a nice area, however, I was in the perio office there. I can't tell you that I have never been horribly behind schedule, and that has been even as a seasoned hygienist. I love that you posted your experience for others to see, I bet the new second year students would love to hear about life within the first few weeks of licensure.

I wanted to tell you that I used to live in Ft. Madison, Iowa and was in the Nauvoo ward, ha ha. I spent a lot of time in Nauvoo and at that ward house. They didn't have the temple completed back then though.

Glad to see you are blogging, I will make sure to visit again soon.

Candice said...

Fun! So are you like Dr. Smith's office? Did you get the news that he was in our old Stake Presidency? (I can't remember if it was in an email or blog) :) Funny. I've been rafting in that river too! It's a raging river, I don't know what you're talking about ha ha! :) You guys sound like you been having lots of fun!

{Brittany} said...

I love the cake...so cute!!

Andi said...

looks like you had a fun 4th of July...hey, why weren't we invited!?! ashton would have loved it. just kidding!! we had fun at the real game!! I hope you guys are doing okay without us invading your space in the basement! I really hope that there is a lot of chicken noodle soup dancing going on!

Andi said...

I forgot one thing...and I am not mad so don't be offended or anything, but I spell Andi with an i not a y...boys named Andy use a y and I am not a boy!! Just thought that I would let you know! for future reference!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.