Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dedicated to Eric (and Brittany)

Just last week we celebrated Eric's birthday with a crab boil! I took a lot of good pictures of Payton and Parker though so that is why this post is also for Brittany. A crab boil, for those of you who've never been fortunate enough to participate in one, is a very festive way to eat and entertain. First of all, you have to have the proper cajun spices, which have been named "CAJIN INVASION" by Danny Sorensen, who introduced us to the crab boil originally. Once you have the spices, the rest is easy. You need a huge pot, like the one pictured. You just throw all of the food into the boiling pot (in a certain order) and let it cook in the cajun spices. When everything is cooked, you drain the pot and throw all the food out onto the table (lined with newspaper or a disposable plastic table cloth). You will also need melted butter to dip everything in and a drink but otherwise, omit all other table settings. Then, you just dig in! I think everyone, with the exception of Payton, really enjoyed it. Payton was completely disgusted. As soon as Eric dumped the food out onto the table, Payton covered his eyes and asked Brittany if he could leave the table. It was pretty funny, but he still came back for dessert. I was very surprised at how much Parker enjoyed himself. He loved the crab, I think he ate a whole leg himself! Thanks to Eric for turning 25 and deciding on such a fun way to celebrate his birthday!

2 comments:

{Brittany} said...

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you dedicated it to me too! You got some great pictures of Parker eating crab and Payton acting like he was enjoying himself! Although, I don't appreciate seeing myself in any of those pictures. You should have cropped me out. I know that I am huge, but seeing it in pictures is so depressing! Thanks for sending me the pictures also. Parker keeps telling everyone that he likes to eat crab. We'll have to feed him some again soon! Thanks again! Also, I love your new background. To answer your question, I made my entire header on photoshop and then added it to my blog. I LOVE photoshop!!

sorensenpower said...

I'm glad you got the spelling right on the spices!