Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cakes

My posts got out of order and this is supposed to be below the next post. But these are the cakes at Grandpa Carver's 80th birthday party. This cake represents Grandpa's career as a large animal vet. Robyn did a great job, this was one of the few cakes that was at least half eaten!
This is just one of his classic jokes! Can you see why Eric aspires to be like him? Great jokes!
Tada! Here is the re-creation of the ranch made by yours truly. It is missing the cabin that we made out of graham crackers though. It blew off it the wind as we were carrying it in!
Grandpa always made the joke, "I saw you pee on a train" (UP for Union Pacific). Cute train cake made by Mahina.
Brittany cheated and bought cupcakes then decorated them with cameras because we all know that Grandpa takes random snapshots whenever he gets a chance.

And this is another store bought cake I believe, but still so cute! It is reminiscent of family vacations to Disneyland, of course.
Vicky is very talented as you can see with this hay bale cake. Oh and it was delicious! Another classic saying!
This probably was my vote for one of the best tasting cakes. Ann made it to represent the several missions that Thair & Norma have served.
This is my favorite picture of the night. Grandpa thought it great fun to put his ribbons on Jace's face!
Jace on the other hand, not so much.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Jen,
Fun cakes! Your blog is cute, I want to see pictures of your house!! It is fun to have a house and decorate it. I know I for sure dont miss school, but I miss seeing all you guys. We should all get together sometime. It's fun to keep in touch through blogs:)

Aimee said...

Damn...all that cake looks delicious! I think the cupcake cake is so cute! Hope you're ready for my birthday next month. I'll be expecting some great cakes from you! :)

Mandy said...

I loved looking at the the cakes. So creative. Jen your cake is cute - very creative. I can't imagine how much cake was left over!!

Tatiana said...

Jen,
How stinking cute! I love all those cakes. My grandpa is always saying things like that and I've never thought to do something like make cakes to commemorate that. I'll have to give my fam the idea. I bet they were all super yummy!

Wendy Anderson said...

Cute cakes!! That looks like a fun party!!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That's a lot of cake. What did you do with all of it?? It looks like fun and your cake was awesome. I tried to make Scott a B-day cake but the frosting wasn't thick enough so everthing lost its shape and became a blob. Good thing blobs taste the same as real designs.