Friday, June 08, 2007

Carthage Jail

Carthage Jail was one of my favorite experiences in Nauvoo. Of course it is so sad and everyone cries, I am sure. But wow, I don't think I will ever forget that. When I actually walked up to the window and looked down, it was just one of those moments that became imprinted on my mind forever. But before we went into the home, Eric and I posed in front of Joseph and Hyrum.This is a picture of two of the actual bullet holes in the original door. Unbelievable!
Whitney was always willing to pose for me, such a natural! I was really surprised to learn that the jail wasn't really so much of a jail as just a home that an entire family lived in with a small dungeon-like jail cell upstairs. However, the room where the martyrdom took place wasn't in the jail, it was in the homeowners' very own bedroom.
Whit took this picture of her family. I just noticed Tay's face in this! That is hilarious, he is such a devil.

No comments: