Monday, June 25, 2007

Working woman!

So I've been working as a hygienist since June 15th. My very first day was as a temp in Old Farm Dental. It was pretty dang crazy and I didn't stay on time. I was about 10 - 15 minutes behind all day! It was a really small office but everyone seemed friendly and it was a nice office. Then the following Monday I started my part-time job at Dr. Smith's office in Murray. Now I was dreading my first day because somehow the schedule got out of control and I had like 13 patients that day (3 kids, at least). But normally I have an assistant and so I had that thought to comfort me. So I get there Monday morning and Dr. Smith says to me, "Melissa isn't going to be here because she has conjunctivitis." I almost started laughing because I thought it was a really good prank. Well, this was no prank and I was alone in hygiene with 13 patients. I believe I went into a state of shock because otherwise I would have been sobbing under the table or maybe even catatonic. But I just went at it. And the day did end (35 minutes later than scheduled) and the dental assistants were nice enough to check in on me, run some xrays and handled one particular devil child. And the best news of all is that everyone was really nice to me and Dr. Smith let me keep my job!

3 comments:

Candice said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a crazy day! I'm sorry! You did awesome though it sounds like. So what's Dr. Smith's first name? One of our high councilor's in Salt Lake was a dentist in Murray, and I'm thinking that might be him! That would be cool if it is, he is really nice...I'm racking my brain to think of his name, but it's been awhile. :) So if it is him, I think if I saw his name, I'd remember...now that I think about it, I actually think he was in the Stake Presidency...Sorry, the cobwebs are a little thick!

Hale yeah! said...

That's like my worst nightmare. Job searching sucks and I'm dreading temping so keep putting it off making excuses. At least I have been working an average of 2 days a week :) I feel good about that. Starting July I will get on with the temping if I don't have a job. It sounds like things are great for you guys. I read Erics newsletter and I am super jealous!! You guys got one of my dream cars, the Acura TSX! Super jealous, that's great and I am super excited for you.

Robert said...

Lil Sis. Way to go. The reasons I am happy for you are twofold:
1. You have a job and a steady income and 2. you have a great blog. I loved the picture of mom's purse and comment--indeed it is heaven for children. Thanks for the Nauvoo comments--very nice.