
So the first night we got to Nauvoo we decided to go see the temple at night. Let me tell you that was a really fun thing to do. The temple at night looks a little bit like its on fire in the pictures but in person it just looks beautiful. This temple is the most beautiful temple on the inside in my opinion too. It was so surreal to do a session in there. I just kept thinking about how there must be so many spirits everywhere in there. It was such a cool feeling.

Eric didn't know that you couldn't feed these horses. These statues are of Joseph and Hyrum as a commemoration of when they left to Carthage jail and they looked up at the temple and said something like they'd never known a more beautiful place with a better people... that is not word for word but it is written on the plaque.

Eric sat down at the gates of the temple to take a picture from a different angle but I just thought he looked like a homeless man (with a pepsi).

As we walked around the temple grounds it was so quiet you couldn't hear a thing except for the soft buzzing of the lights. It really was a very special experience, outside of the little bit of irreverence Eric and I provided. I am so thankful to have been there.
No comments:
Post a Comment